"The enticing smells, sights, and foods inspired by the Mediterranean region are hard to forget and easy to fall in love with. We make it possible to bring this experience home anytime. For over 20 years Mooney Farms has been the market leader in providing authentic and easy to prepare foods to discerning consumers nationwide."
So what is Mooney Farms trying to say about their Bella Sun Luci line? They are trying to tell you Bella Sun Luci products are excellent! I totally agree with their statement from their website. Mooney Farms were very kind and sent me out a large box of their products to sample and review.
Before having the opportunity to learn more about Bell Sun Luci line, I never knew what to do exactly with a jar of tomatoes packed in Extra Virgin Olive Oil or sun dried tomatoes.
Well that is definitely NOT a problem now. After trying the Bella Sun Luci's New Julienne Cut Sun Dried Tomatoes with Italian Basil on a salad...I can't imagine a summer salad with out this healthy, flavorful and colorful addition. The moist and chewy tomatoes matched perfectly with some feta cheese crumbles and cold crisp lettuce leaves. Bella Sun Luci's Sun Dried Tomatoes with Italian Basil are Fat Free, Sugar Free and No Salt is added.
The NEW Bella Sun Luci Bruschetta was delicious and beautiful on crunchy toast pieces. The ingredients listed to create this masterpiece, included: Crushed tomatoes, olive oil, basil, sun dried tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, garlic puree, walnuts and pinenuts. The Bruschetta was the perfect texture and held up well on the toast.
Bella Sun Luci's Tomato Pesto Sauce with Whole Pine Nuts...a bite of heaven! I was pleasantly surprised how the Pine nuts kept their texture in the jar. I can't wait to use my jar on a large bowl of steaming pasta. I know Bella Sun Luci's Tomato Pesto Sauce will become a new family favorite.
But that is NOT all! Bella Sun Luci also sent Sun Dried /Tomatoes with Italian Herbs in Extra Virgin Olive Oil in two sizes...Tomato Halves an Julienne Cut. What a perfect addition to a meat and cheese platter, pasta dished (warm or cold)...the possibilities are endless with this flavorful addition.
And last but definitely not least a flavor explosion of Sun Dried Tomatoes with Zesty Peppers - Julienne-cut. I have never seen these before. They are amazing. A perfect combination of flavors. I added them to my favorite party dip and brought it to a whole different level.
Here's your chance to create your own beautiful and delicious masterpiece with the help of Bella Sun Luci's recipes.
Sunny Artichoke Salad
- 4 fresh artichokes, steamed and cut into quarters
- 1 (8.5-oz) jar Bella Sun Luci sun dried tomatoes, Halves or Julienne Cut, drained, reserving olive oil
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Cut off or trim end of artichoke stem.
- Slice 3/4 inch off the top of the artichoke. If desired, snip the thorny tips off of each of the leaves with kitchen scissors.
- Wash artichokes, taking care to shake out excess water so they will not be soggy when steamed.
- Place in a vegetable steamer, covered, over boiling water. Steam for 35 to 45 minutes, depending on size. The artichokes are ready when one of the outer leaves can easily be removed.
- Allow artichokes to cool to room temperature. Cut into quarters and arrange on a platter with drained sun dried tomatoes, reserving olive oil for vinaigrette.
- Top with lemon wedges for garnish. Drizzle with vinaigrette (see Bella's Sunny Artichoke Salad Vinaigrette Recipe). Top with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Did you know Tomatoes contain Lycopene! Lycopene is a proven antioxidant that helps fight free radicials.
"Mooney Farms began in 1987 as a family owned kiwi farming operation. Products were sold at the farmer’s markets in Northern California by the family members. With the addition of sun dried tomatoes, their first sale to Price Club South San Francisco changed everything. The family’s Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil & Herbs sold out in a record 4 hours! Sun dried tomatoes had become mainstream and the Mooney Family had the winning recipe!