Pages

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Crunchy Baked Mac and Cheese Recipe Enter to #Win $250 Thanks to the Anthony's Pasta Recipe Contest

Disclaimer: I was provided compensation to help create my recipe and if I win the recipe contest I will receive additional compensation..

Thank you Anthony's Pasta for allowing me to be faced off with a fellow blogger in a fun tug-of-war recipe contest.  (And for each vote given during this months contest (Voting ends December 1st, 2013...you the voter are entered to win a $250 Visa Card...you can vote every 24 hours on Anthony's Pasta Facebook page!)

The Contest challenged me to share a home-cooked recipe using Anthony's Pasta for the "Tastes Like Home" Comfort meal.  I was limited to use around 5 to 8 simple pantry staples.

There was no doubt in my mind what family beloved recipe I would share. 

My husband says my Homemade Crunchy Baked Mac and Cheese "tastes like home".  He grew up with his mother making her own recipe for Mac and Cheese. She passed this recipe down before she went to play with the Angels.

I have since kept her comfort recipe true to is roots, but made a simple and healthy adjustment.  Instead of plain elbow noodles, I now use Anthony's Hidden Veggie Twisted Elbow Pasta to make it better for my family without changing the flavors.


Here is our family recipe for Crunchy Baked Mac and Cheese.
(passed down by my Husband's mom - Marge)

Ingredients:

1 pound Anthony's Hidden Veggie Twisted Elbows Pasta
6 cups Sharp Shredded Cheddar Cheese
3/4 cup skim milk
(salt and pepper to taste
)



Prep time 15 minutes

Cook time 30 minutes to 45 minutes

Serving size - 12 servings per 9 X 13 pan





Directions:

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 9 X 13 glass pan.


Boil the Anthony's pasta until it is al dente (almost cooked all the way).

Drain and place 1/2 the Anthony's pasta in the lightly greased pan.

Top the Anthony's pasta with 3 cups of the cheese.

Place the other 1/2 of the Anthony's pasta on top of the cheese.

Add the rest of the cheese on top.

Pour milk over the top and salt and pepper to taste.

Bake for 30 to 45 minutes, until top is as "crunchy" as you like.

I hope you enjoy our comfort food as much as we do.


Please take the time to vote for our Crunchy Baked Mac and Cheese Recipe!


Vote here....

 
And the best part is everyone that enters a vote via Anthony's Pasta Facebook page is entered to win a $250 Visa Card.  And you can vote daily! 

Thank you!



 

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck! I voted for you and bookmarked it for daily entry.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by Fishful Thinking Blog. I hope you learned something new and visit again soon.