Pages

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Steam Park 3-D Game by Iello Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

It seems at times that all board games are a lot alike.  And sadly many of them are just plain simply board!

But, my thoughts have transformed thanks to a great opportunity to review a new board game...that is like nothing I have tried before.

It is called Steam Park.

Steam Park by Iello Games is so unique and fun.  It is 3-D and has instructions to make the game simpler or more challenging.  

Let me share the concept behind this inventive game and then I will tell you about our family experience.

Steam park is considered a management game and is meant for children/adults ages 10 and above.  As a player you have to build your own coal powered amusement park.  And many times your park grows and grows!  Your goal is to make the largest and most profitable in the area.  

And I must say it was fun to watch as "your own" amusement park grows, especially since each ride in 3-D.

But to add more complexity to this Steam Park, beyond building your park you much manage your employees, invest in advertising and keep the dirt your park produces under control!

So what are you going to do to make your amusement park succeed?  Are you going to build stands to attract more guests?  How about more toilets to keep the dirt under control?  Oh...so many things to think about and consider.

Okay - my personal experience.  This fast paced game is easy to learn but I feel younger players should start with the easy to learn instructions for less experienced games.  That way they can get the hang of it and learn to have a great time playing.

**A big tip!!!!  Make sure to assemble Steam Park and plan on playing it later.  It does take quite some time to get all the parts put together properly.

Look at all that comes with the game that must be assembled.

And you MUST take your time putting all the 3-D items together after popping them out of their templates. 

Even being careful we had a few tear...but were able to repair them with a little tape.  

The art work was amazing!  Marie Cardouat out did herself.  

Each game comes with: 
  • 24 dice (6 for each player)
    42 Visitors (7 for each of the 6 colours)
    4 Starting Ground tiles
    20 Additional Ground tiles
    18 Rides (3 for each colour and 6 in each size)
    24 Stands (4 for each of the 6 kinds)
    1 Turn Track
    4 Turn Order token
    1 Turn Counter
    4 Pig boards
    Dirt tokens
    34 Bonus cards
    1 Cotton bag
    4 Reference cards
    Banknotes
    1 Rule book 
Don't forget to check out IelloGames on Facebook and Twitter.

Take the time to spend some quality time with your family!  How about a game of Steam Park?

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

2 comments:

  1. THis looks like such a fun game for family game night. I haven't seen it before tonight but I do love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a great game! I have never heard of it before but it looks like something my kids would lvoe!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by Fishful Thinking Blog. I hope you learned something new and visit again soon.