Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Victoria's Kitchen Almond Water makes amazing Cherry Almond Coffee Cake

The other day I revieved some unique and flavorful Almond Water from Victoria's Kitchen.  My mind raced with ideas on what to do with it.  But first I had to chill a bottle and give it a taste.

It tasted very refreshing and had a light flavor of almonds.  I ended up enjoying the whole bottle, without guilt as each whole bottle only contains 110 calories.
But, what to do with the other bottles of delicous Victoria's Kitchen Almond Water?  I first checked out Victoria's Kitchen on Facebook and Twitter to see what others were creating with this refreshing drink.   

I decided to incorporate the Almond Water into my Cherry Almond Coffee Cake.  Here is my recipe.

Ingredients:

1/4 cup Victoria's Kitchen Almond Water

3 large eggs

1 cup sour cream

1 (18.25 ounce) box of white cake mix

1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling

1/4 cup sliced almonds ( I love to toast them first)

confectioners sugar to dust over the top

Directions:

Preheat to 350 degrees.

Grease and flour  15 1/2x 10 1/2 inch jelly roll (I like to use the flour/oil combo spray).

Mix Victoria's Kitchen Almond Water, eggs and sour cream togehter. Stir in cake mix until moistened.  It will be a little lumpy, but that is okay. Spread into pan. Drop pie filling by large spoonfuls onto batter.

Bake in preheated over for 25 minutes or until done.  Once it cools dust the cake with confectioners sugar and sliced almonds.

(I didn't have any almonds the day I made my coffee cake, that is why there are none on the cake) 




Disclaimer: Victoria's Kitchen provided me with a free samples to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review in return for the free product.








1 comment:

  1. Hello! Someone in my Facebook group shared this website with us so I came to give
    it a look. I'm definitely enjoying the information. I'm bookmarking and will be tweeting this to
    my followers! Outstanding blog and outstanding style and design.


    my website :: http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981847150

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by Fishful Thinking Blog. I hope you learned something new and visit again soon.