Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

JOLLY TIME Pop Corn and Habelman Cranberry - Traditional Popcorn Garland


I believe in family holiday traditions.  I feel these traditions are what makes this magical season special and memorable.  One family tradition I had the privilege of participating in growing up was stringing homemade garland.  I can already see the smiles on those of you who know exactly what I am talking about. You know... The Traditional Popcorn and Cranberry garland. 
 And thanks to JOLLY TIME Pop Corn and Habelman Cranberries they have rekindled this family festive event.  I am going to pass this tradition on to my boys this year.  I think they are finally old enough to safely help with the beautiful tree decoration.

**I am going to use rounded embroidery needles for my boys.**  I believe in safety first in all our crafting adventures.   But, I wanted to say I grew up in Iowa enjoying JOLLY TIME Pop Corn all year long. 
 But, it was the only brand my Mom would buy for our garland.  She always said it popped up better.  And now as an adult I must say I totally agree.  And of course JOLLY TIME Pop Corn knows what they are doing with it come to this Corny treat.   The Smith's have been making it for almost 100 years. This year I decided to try a cranberry I had seen at our local Safeway store.  Habelman Cranberry. 
 I love that this business is family owned. Did you know both JOLLY TIME Pop Corn and Habelman Cranberry are on Facebook?  Well, they are so don't forget to check them out. 

I would love to share a few holiday pointers to help make your garland an easier experience. Since I have created yards and yards and yards of it over the years.

Make sure you  have plenty of plain JOLLY TIME Pop Corn on hand and bags of Habelman whole, raw cranberries. You will also need unscented waxed dental floss and embroidery needles. 

First pop up plenty of JOLLY TIME Pop Corn the night before and let it sit uncovered.

Okay now you are ready.  Get your bowl of popcorn and another bowl of cranberries for their debut.  Start by taking a strand of dental floss about a yard in length (much longer and it will be challenging to work with) and thread it through the needle.  Tie a large knot in one of the ends.  Now take a firm cranberry and push it down to the knot.  Now you just alternate the popcorn and cranberries in whatever pattern you have decided on.  Make sure you push each piece all the way to the end of the string, otherwise it could make the string tangle. 

Remember to leave a little room on the end of your string.  As when all the strands are complete, you have to tie them together, so you can string them on your Christmas tree.
 

Merry Christmas Everyone!  And don't forget you can always use JOLLY TIME Pop Corn to create other great recipes, like fun and tasty popcorn balls.


 





 
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by Fishful Thinking Blog. I hope you learned something new and visit again soon.