Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Grampa's Garden Therapeutic Products - Weighted Washable Body Blanket Review

Our family life can be a challenging up hill battle at times.  I know, that is what I should expect being a full time working mom of 3 little boys and a full-time employed night shift husband. 

But our challenges go way beyond a typical family's struggles.  Our middle son first of all suffers from asthma, eczema and allergies.  Not only does he have to deal with these daily medical issues, he also battles high levels of anxiety and worries. 

We have been doing everything in our power to help with his medical and emotional needs.  Our son's counselor suggested a weighted blanket to help him self soothe when he anxiety levels get to high and to the point of overload.  She said the weight of the blanket will help him fell safe and secure and help to calm his worries. 

First thing I thought was, what an excellent idea....but....where do you get such a thing.  Thank God for the gift of Google....it led me to an amazing company right here in the United States.



Grampa's Garden was founded in 1993 to provide all-natural therapy and comfort products to help you and your loved ones live a healthy life. Their self-care products help relax, balance, and rejuvenate the body, mind, and soul.

Did you know most of Grampa's Garden self-care items are hand crafted right here in Maine by people who care about your health and protecting the environment.  Amazing!!!

I was excited to see the large line of products that I felt would be perfect for my son.  Products like Grampa's Garden new weighted snuggle snake, weighted washable bear, and the thera-bear.  

But, I decided to try Grampa's Garden Weighted Washable Body Blanket.  And thank heavens I did.  It is perfect!  It weights 5 pounds and there are small sewn squares all over of the blanket that help keep the Non-toxic Poly Pellets inside the blanket evenly distributed. 

Because Non-toxic poly pellets are used it allows for the blanket to be hand washed and hung to dry.  Just make sure you have enough time for the blanket to dry.  I know from personal experience it took a long time.  The blanket is the perfect size to snuggle up on the couch as it measures 30"x40".  The flannel outer shell has held up very well and it nice and soft, plus warm.

This weighted blanket has made a huge different in our son's life.  He actually goes and gets his blanket when he starts to feel overwhelmed. 

I am a believer!  Thank you Grampa's Garden for offering such a diverse line that meets the needs of children, adults and pets alike.

You can connect with Grampa's Garden on Facebook and/or sign up to receive their FREE Catalog.  And if you are anything like me and love bargains and sales...you can click here to find out what sales are going on over at Grampa's Garden. 


Disclaimer: Grampa's Garden provided me with free
sample of their product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if
I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review in return for the free product

5 comments:

  1. Colleen, these are commonly used with Sensory Integration Disorder. My son has it and these are great! Have you read much about Sensory, some of the things you mentioned sound very familiar. My son saw an OT for 2 years and greatly improved, if you visit my blog there is a page called sensory fix and there are some links to websites to find more information. Glad you found something to help that sweet boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen, I am not trying to be smart, but they are using these(smaller) on dogs for the same reasons. Anxiety,calming security. My dog is hyper not sure if she would wear it or roll on the ground trying to get it off.
    I am Happy you found something that works:)
    Kathleen Quinlan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Kelley and Kathy for your wonderful comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this great information! At Grampa's Garden, we have a great collection of weighted blankets for kids and adults.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by Fishful Thinking Blog. I hope you learned something new and visit again soon.