Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Jody's Gourmet Popcorn Reveiw

I want to start this review by saying this was my boys dream product review!
They totally took over this product review.  I was able to sneak a few of Jody's Gourmet Popcorn pieces so I could give my spin on this fun summer review. 

Jody's Gourmet Popcorn sent "us" four wonderful bags of their popcorn to review.  But Jody's doesn't just "do" popcorn.  They have a huge selection of many other products including Fabulous Fudge, and Jody's Stuff.

Jody’s opened in September 2005, offering four flavors of popcorn – Secret Recipe 53 Caramel Corn, Cinnamon Toast, White Cheddar, and Cheesy JalapeƱo. Today, the store offers over 23 flavors of popcorn! and you can even get it online.

On to "our" review....

I bet everyone will be shocked to hear my boys were the most visually interested in Jody's Funfetti Corn.  The bright colors immediately drew their attention.

Each and every fully opened kernel was totally covered in a sweet candy coating.  My youngest loved this flavor the most.  With the few pieces I was able to steal, I noted a nice vanilla flavor with a big crunch, thanks to the coating.


Jody's Double Cheddar Corn was very cheesy and my fingers and the boy's fingers had proof to show after enjoying the whole bag.   
 The cheese had a balanced salty taste that enhanced the cheese.  This corn was not as crunchy as the candy coated obviously, but had a nice snap to each and every bite.  I love the size of the corn, there was not a small sized one in the batch.  My oldest son's favorite flavor. 

White Cheddar and Popcorn a perfect combination without the classic orange coloring. 
Look at the size of the huge opened kernels...I am still amazed.  The white cheddar did not over power the natural flavor of the popcorn.  It was ever so slightly salty with a buttery under tone from the white cheddar. 

And my favorite flavor as well as my middle son's was Jody's Recipe 53 Caramel Corn.
How perfect is that, as the Recipe 53 Caramel Corn was one that started it all! 52 times just wasn't enough but then... a breakthrough! With precision and quality ingredients, and a lot of patience Jody`s husband (a doctor and scientist) developed what is now known around the world as Recipe 53 Caramel Corn!

Each and every buttery, sweet, decedent bite was coated in goodness.  The coating added a nice extra crunch.  I was able to sneak a few more of these to enjoy with a nice cup of coffee.  The coating was great as it didn't stick in my teeth, like some caramel corn tends to do. 
 
I was pleased to see Jody's Gourmet Popcorn even has a College Spirit Corn collection.  They don't have an Husker corn, but I will forgive them as their quality and flavor makes up for that.  And I am always on the look out for a great bargain.  Jody's makes the bargains easy to find by a "Sale Item" tab.  Perfect!


Thank you Jody's Popcorn for this fabulous opportunity and making an quality product here in the USA!

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to stop by Fishful Thinking Blog. I hope you learned something new and visit again soon.