Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Hugo The Happy Starfish - The Last Bully Book Review


 
Written by Suzy Liebermann

I was thrilled to be given the opportunity to review another book in the series of Hugo The Happy Starfish.  As a few months ago I had the chance to review Hugo The Happy Starfish - The Secret To Happiness and it was amazing.

As the inside of the book jacket states...."Happiness Begins With Respect".  What a truthful statement that I only wish the world could understand.  Hopefully with the help of Hugo and his "The Last Bully" adventure we can educated our children, how negative bullying is and what a little respect and a positive attitude can do to make the world a better place.

In this vivid ocean experience, the illustrations bring to life the valuable lesson about respect and what to do if you are being bullied.

This Hugo The Happy Starfish book incorporates important character education and helps teach a small amount of the Spanish language.  The Spanish words used during the story are also included in the back of the book in the vocabulary section.  The HUGO series supports the IB Leaner Profiles and Attitudes of the International Baccalaureate Program (PYP books).

I truly enjoyed sharing this important book and message with my 3 boys.  To give you a little insight into the story line...here is what the book jacket cover shared....

"Hugo is a little starfish and so it’s not surprising that in this story he comes across several bigger fish in the ocean. Sadly, they are bigger fish with the wrong attitudes – they are bullies! After seeing his friend getting bullied, Hugo decides enough is enough. He forms the Anti-Bully Club and teaches the bullies a valuable lesson about respect.

By working together as a group, Hugo and his friends manage to show the bullies that there is always a bigger fish in the sea and that happiness comes from respecting others not bullying them."

Each of my boys ages 4, 7 and 9 all appeared to understand the message in the children's book book about bullying. As a parent I feel it is important to teach respect and in turn help our children learn respect so when the are put into a situation where they are being bullied or witness someone else being bullied they will get help.

I am so passionate about this message that I am planning on having my school aged boys bring this book to school to share.  As I feel it helps address bullying in schools. 

I highly recommend this book to all and for more info on this book and the author you can go to www.MyStarfish.org.  And I also wanted to share the great news that as of the ended of February 2013 the 1st Hugo book The Secret To Happiness is available in 7 different languages through Amazon EBooks.

Remember this important message....

DON'T BULLY!
 
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by Fishful Thinking Blog. I hope you learned something new and visit again soon.