Pages

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Ostrim #1 Sports Nutriton Meat Snacks and the New Ostrim Vital-Fuel Trail Mix Bar Review

I have always been a huge fan of meat sticks and jerky.  Since beginning to make healthier food choices I now look at the nutritional contents of almost everything I eat and enjoy.

So when I had the opportunity to learn and sample meat products and a NEW Trail Mix Bar from an amazing line created by Protos Foods, Inc. the manufacturer of Ostrim I couldn't wait!


Look at all the great samples I received!  First let me tell you about this health orientated company direct from their site.

"Protos Foods Inc. was founded in 1996 on the belief that consumers have become more focused on wellness and the major role that nutrition plays in a wellness program.

The Company's first line of products was OSTRIM Beef and Ostrich Meat Sticks, designed for people who are serious about their nutrition. This line is made from a combination of naturally-raised ostrich meat and lean beef with no fillers.
.

OSTRIM
was the first and remains the #1 sports nutrition meat snack in the US market."




 

I need to say this is not your ordinary Jerkee.  Ostrim Jerkee is packed full of protein without all the fat.  I really like the high amount of protein as it helps keep me fueled and not feeling hungry.  The reason it is so high in protein is the combination of very lean beef and ostrich.  So each serving has 10 grams of protein!  It comes in two flavors Teriyaki and Pepper.  The Teriyaki is my favorite.  I love the sweetness of the flavoring and the nice and firm but not hard jerkee.  Don't worry about the ostrich...it is not gamy at all.  I would never know I wasn't enjoying beef jerkee.
 
 
So many choices are offered in regards to Ostrim's Meat Stick line.  Eight difference selections!
 
I want to make sure you all understand these Ostrim meat sticks are superior!  They are nice and firm and dry.  I love that they are not greasy and leave your mouth feeling satisfied after a stick...not coated and yucky!
 
Ostrim Teriyaki - I love the teriyaki!
Ostrim Original - Just the natural beauty of Ostrich and lean beef.  Enjoy!
Ostrim BBQ - Beautiful BBQ with a bit of heat...perfection!
Ostrim Pepper - A spicy, peppery snack.
Ostrim Beef & Elk Sweet & Spicy - I enjoyed how the sweet was the first profile to hit my taste buds, followed up with a slam of spiciness.
Ostrim Beef & Elk Teriyaki - Yes, like I said before...I love teriyaki!
Ostrim Turkey Applewood - The natural Applewood really shined through so if you love that apple flavor...you will love Turkey Applewood!
Ostrim Turkey Maple - This reminded me of breakfast sausage...only healthier.  I love the maple goodness, which each bite.
 
Ostrim Super Nuggets!
These Nuggets soft, yet firm in texture and are full of EXTREME amounts of protein!  This entire bag contains 40 grams of protein!  Wow, what a great and flavorful way to get sustained energy!  These nuggets have some definite heat to them, but not over the top.

And last but definitely not least are the NEW Ostrim Vital-Fuel Trail Mix Snack Bar.

Only 210 calories per bar and 15 grams of protein.  I love this bar and the crunchy and softer mouth feel.  It is wonderful!  I have thought and thought how to describe the flavor combination of this perfect snack, but I can't...other than to say I love them and plan on buying more.  Really I do!
 

The company's vision is to continuously offer products that offer excellence in Nutrition, Flavor, and Convenience.  Which in my book they do!

Learn more about Ostrim and show some love on their social media pages....
 
Ostrim Facebook
 
Ostrim Twitter.

 

Disclaimer: Ostrim provided me with a free
samples of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if
I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review in return for the free product.


3 comments:

  1. I love the Ostrim line and have been eating it for years. Can't wait to see what they come up with next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hands Down - Ostrim is the best meat snack available. Great review Colleen!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by Fishful Thinking Blog. I hope you learned something new and visit again soon.