Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Columbus Cacciatore Seasonal Salame Review

I am such a HUGE Foodie!! I love watching anything food related. I have always been so jealous while watching programs that feature authentic Italian Salame. My mouth waters and my stomach rubbles imagining how great hand crafted Salame must taste.

Well thanks to the assistance of Columbus, my dreams became a reality over the Holidays!

Thank you Columbus for the amazing free samples of your Authentic Seasonal Cacciatore Truffle and Porcini to review.

I felt like Christmas came early the day my package arrived! I couldn't wait to cut off a delicious slice and try it out.

These Limited Edition Cacciatores are made with 100 percent hormone- and antibiotic-free pork, coarsely ground, and feature imported Italian white truffles and porcini mushrooms for a robust, savory flavor.

Every year, Columbus crafts these varieties in limited quantities - available exclusively in November and December at select retailers.


I felt like I should be sitting around a large table with a white table cloth and red napkins, sipping on a glass of dry red wine. Columbus Cacciatore was a flavorful experience. I could see the handcrafted love put into each of these small Salames. They were both unique in shape and smelled so earthy and delightful.

I think my favorite was the Truffle Cacciatore.  It was so earthy with a wonderful firm texture.  I enjoyed letting it dry out slightly so I could shave thin sliced off over a steaming bowl of fresh pasta with a little fresh Romano cheese.  It was a bowl of heaven.

The Porcini Mushroom Cacciatore was balanced perfectly with the earthy mushrooms and savory pork.   Like our other Cacciatore, it is made with fresh pork, ground coarse and stuffed in an imported, delicate, natural casing. Indulge in the rich flavors of this salame with red wine and cheese.

My only complaint was I finished both of the Cacciatore way too quick!

A Little History of Columbus:

"Inspired in Italy. Founded in San Francisco."

The founders arrived from Italy in 1917, and brought a bit of Italy with them. With authentic Italian recipes in hand and mastery of salame-making in practice, they began crafting and selling their Old World artisan salame in San Francisco, California, long before “artisan” was known as such.

Today, Columbus is one of the most respected producers of fine foods in the country. In addition to authentic, 100% pork salame, they manufacture premium-quality deli meats made with the finest whole cuts of turkey, ham, beef, and chicken. You really can taste tradition in every bite.

You can learn more about Columbus on their easy to navigate website.

Find out where to purchase the large line of Columbus Products.

Connect via Facebook.

Sign up for the Columbus Newsletter so you don't miss out on any great deals!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by Fishful Thinking Blog. I hope you learned something new and visit again soon.