Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Kauffman's Fruit Farm & Market Jam, Pumpkin and Apple Butter Review

Kauffman's "Bird-In-Hand Brand" Orchard Products have been recognized and enjoyed since the early 1900's. Founder Amos L. Kauffman planted the first fruit trees in 1911, and today the 3rd, 4th, & 5th generations operate the business. Their warehouse and country market are located in the heart of Pennsylvania's Dutch Country.

Nearby orchards produce over 135 varieties of tree fruits on 100 acres and are managed with a visionary focus that watches changing consumer needs and national market conditions.



I continue to be delighted seeing the wide selection of products and produce Kauffman's carries...including apples, cider, cookbooks, honey, maple syrup, nut butters, jams, jellies......  You can purchase many of these items directly off of the Kauffman's website.

Kauffman's was gracious and sent me three different product to sample and review.



Since the Holidays are right around the corner I am first going to talk about Kauffman's Pumpkin Butter.  It was so smooth and creamy.  I was happy to see only 5 very simple ingredients go into making each and every jar...Pumpkin, Apple Cider, Sugar, Lemon and Cinnamon.  Kauffman's have some how captured the essence of Thanksgiving in a jar.  I felt like I was enjoying pumpkin pie without all the work. 


I have never heard of Pumpkin Butter before, but I know I will never forget it now.  **They also offer a sugar free version**

Kauffman's Apple Butter Spread with Sugar & Spice was lovely and simple.  Four delicious ingredients are used to create this flavorful spread Fresh Apples, Apple Cider, Sugar and Cinnamon.  I enjoyed the rich color and thickness of Kauffman's spread.

I enjoy having a piece of toast with Kauffman's Apple Butter Spread with Sugar & Spice on a cool fall morning. 

Cherry Jam...yummmmm.  I love cherries and now I love Kauffman's Cherry Jam! Simple...Sugar, Cherries, Water, Pectin, Citric Acid.  It tasted fresh and full of flavor.  I really enjoyed how the cherries were chopped up so it was easier to spread and enjoy.

 I also like to use this as a vanilla ice cream topping. 


Thank you Kauffman's for creating such flavorful and simple food products, right here in the USA!

Learn more about Kauffman's on Facebook.


Kauffman's website.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by Fishful Thinking Blog. I hope you learned something new and visit again soon.