Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Calabasas Candy Co. Artisan Caramels and Flavored Marshmallows Review

I can't believe I am already saying this, but the Holidays are just around the corner.  And that means I am always on the look out for unique, artisan gifts to share with loved ones. 

I was fortunate enough to find another Artisan Confections Company that puts a spoon full of love and a dash of care into every sweet, delicious and creative treat they make.....

Calabasas is a new Artisan Candy that features traditional favorites like truffles and vanilla caramels...but they also put a "spa like twist" on some of their other confections (which I was sent samples to review and give my honest opinion) like.....

I was very concerned about a Lavender Marshmallow.  I was worried it would taste like I was eating perfume.  My worries were quickly put to rest with a small bite to start.  Calabasas bite size Lavender Marshmallows were very fluffy and super soft...they just melt in your mouth.  I am trying to figure out how to describe the lavender accent to these artisan mallows.....They were light and refreshing...AND ADDICTING!


Calabasas also incorporates Lavender into one of their caramels.

The Lavender Caramel was very buttery and beautiful to look at with its deep purple hue.  The caramel also had a fresh piece of lavender on top for a nice added touch.  I found the caramels a little firm...but with a short ride in my jean pocket, it softened right up so I could enjoy the two bite caramel.

Another flavor of caramel I was given the opportunity to sample was the Dark Chocolate Pecan Caramel.
This caramel was slightly softer and enjoyed the crunchy texture of the pecans added into the dedicate dark chocolate caramel. 

I was also able to try Calabasas exclusive Strawberry Caramel.
It was beautiful and buttery.  It was slightly crunchy from the fresh strawberry seeds.  After a ride in my pocket it was soft enough so I could enjoy the fresh fruit flavor. 

I am hoping sometime to get to try Calabasas Truffles as they look heavenly...don't you think?
You can learn more about Calabasas on their website and Facebook.










0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by Fishful Thinking Blog. I hope you learned something new and visit again soon.