Pages

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Cranberry Apple Bread Recipe w/ Secret Ingredient

The other day I was going through the freezer and found a bag of frozen Ocean Spray Cranberries from last season.  That is all I needed for inspiration to come up with a recipe to use up these beautiful berries (I needed to use them up as fresh Cranberries have finally made to store shelves again - I am so happy!).

My entire family loves sweet breads and they are so handy for breakfast in the morning or a snack in the afternoon.  I enjoy baking bread after the house quiets down and everyone is in bed.  Plus it is so much fun to see the sparkle in my boys eyes when they wake up and see the fresh loaf of bread on the cooling rack in the kitchen.  They can't wait to have me cut into the loaf and enjoy it.

Well here is the recipe I came up with for Cranberry Apple Bread.


INGREDIENTS:

2 Eggs
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 1/2 cups All-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups pealed - chopped tart apples (I love to use HoneyCrisp Apples)
1 cup frozen or fresh cranberries

***Secret Ingredient is....Drum Roll Please......
 2 packages (.74oz each) Alpine Spiced Cider Original Apple Flavor Drink Mix **** 

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven 350 degrees.

Beat the eggs, sugar and olive oil. 

Combine flour, baking powder,baking soda, salt, and Spiced Cider Mix - add to the wet ingredients until just combined.

The batter will be very thick.




Stir in the Apples and Cranberries.


Is is a photo of a double batch.


Coat a 8"x4"x2" loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and add batter. 

Bake for 60 to 65 minutes, until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack to cool completely.

I like to add a sprinkle of granulated sugar at the end for a beautiful presentation.



This bread is so moist and full of flavor.  The cranberries explode in your mouth with the tart, acid kick that makes me crave using this beautiful red berry.  Some of the apples retain there chopped shape and give it a nice mouth feel.


I love to use the Spiced Cider Mix in many of my recipes - especially breads and muffins.  It is fortified with vitamin C!  If you have never used this Spiced Cider Mix - it’s the delicious blend of spicy, tangy goodness.  I love to make a steaming glass of it now that Autumn has arrived - but it adds great flavor to muffins and breads.

This is the first time I have tried added more photos during the recipe process - What do you think?  Should I keep it up?  Anyone try this recipe?  What did you think of my secret ingredient?

Happy Baking Everyone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by Fishful Thinking Blog. I hope you learned something new and visit again soon.