Pages

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Seneca Crisp Onions Gridiron Challenge

***Welcome all who are finding me from the Seneca Crisp Onion Gridiron Challenge Blog.  I am so excited that my recipe has been choose as 1st Runner-up in the Recipe Challenge.  What a great honor and I win 1 case of these great Seneca Crisp Onions!!!!  Please let me know what you think of this easy and delicious recipe.  Enjoy and happy cooking with Seneca Crisp Onions.****

I am a firm believer that football food should be portable and easy to make and enjoy. The Stuffed Helmets I created are perfect football finger food. The helmet packs a huge burst of flavor which explodes inside your mouth. The contrasting soft and crunchy textures, along with the salty but a hint of sweetness from the Seneca Farms Crisp Onions combines to create a culinary Touch Down!



The only problem I had creating this recipe was keeping the Seneca Farms Crisp Onions away from my family long enough so I could use what I needed for this recipe. I have never eaten any crisp onions that come close to comparing to Seneca. They are a great stand alone snack, let alone can be used to make an average recipe extraordinary.





I am so glad I found about the Seneca Crisp Onions Gridiron Challenge. I sure hope my new creation will win and be enjoyed by others – I know we will continue to enjoy the Stuffed Helmets at our house.


Stuffed Helmets

Ingredients:

20 oz of fresh mushroom with stems removed

2 Tablespoons of Seneca Farms Crisp Onions – crushed

3 slices of crisp bacon

8 oz package of cream cheese, softened

6 Tablespoons fresh grated Parmesan cheese

½ teaspoon of chopped garlic

6 drops of Worcestershire sauce


Topping Ingredients:

4 Tablespoons of Seneca Farms Crisp Onions - crushed

5 Tablespoons of fresh grated Parmesan cheese



Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Place the mushroom caps in a 9 X 13 glass pan.

Cook bacon until crisp, drain on a paper towel and crumble into small pieces into a bowl. Add cream cheese, Seneca Farm Crisp Onions, Parmesan cheese, garlic and Worcestershire sauce into the bowl. Mix until all ingredients are incorporated. Spoon the filling into the mushroom caps.

Combine the Topping ingredients and add to the tops of the filled mushroom caps.

Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until mushrooms are soft and he filling is browned.


**To save time I like to use pre-cooked bacon (only have to crisp it up in a skillet for a few minutes) and packaged shredded Parmesan cheese.**





MyHappyListButton

1 comment:

  1. this is most def something to add to a happy list. congrats.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by Fishful Thinking Blog. I hope you learned something new and visit again soon.